Friday, July 9, 2010

Does this ever happen to you?

I was walking by the mirror this morning and it was one of those moments when I realize that the way I look is nothing like the way I think I look in my head. Now, this is not some deep metaphor or a comentary on self confidence it's just a plain ol' observation. It's kind of a weird moment though. It's sort of along the same lines as when you say your name and it suddenly sounds really strange to you or seems odd that that group of letters is a label for "you".

If you've never had this feeling, about now you're probably thinking I am weird, strange or odd. Just think about it the next time you check yourself out.

2 comments:

Karen said...

In my head, I see myself as a slinky 25 year old. When I see me in the mirror, I just figure it's one of those fun house mirrors, so I just pat my hair, smile and strut on.

Lacey in the City said...

Sometimes I can't figure out why my name is 'Lacey' and I think that it sounds really funny... does that count?