Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Super Sweet Awards

I have been fantastically flattered of late by not one, but two super sweet ladies who have bestowed upon me my first blogging awards. My Darling Lacey over at Lacey In the City presented me with a And the ever lovely Julie over at Brown Eyed Belle was sweet enough to give me a

I want to give them both a big thank you so much!

Now the rules say that I am supposed to tell you a few (7-10) things about me and then pass the awards on to 10 other great blogs that I love. Here goes...

These are some of the blogs that I enjoy and think you might if you check them out too.
Lily at A Charmed Wife

A Day in the life of a Surferwife

Dree at Defining Dree

Flip Flops & Pearls

Emily at Love, E

Nicole at Prairie Princess

Allison at Simply Beautiful World

LaTache at Smiling is Good for your Teeth

Ally at Veritable Ally

Caitlin at Snarkoholic

Probably more than you wanted to know about me...

  1. I just got married about 2 1/2 months ago. We had a beautiful wedding, fantastic honeymoon and now I am loving settling into married life.
  2. Traveling is a passion of mine. It may be cliche to say, but it really is! I love everything about it, even getting to and from destinations and staying in hotels. I adore learning about different cultures and seeing how other people live. I am always trying to figure out how I can go more. If you have any ideas I am all for it!
  3. Growing up in the South I was taught the importance of manners and chivalry. I love when my friends' children from back home call me Miss Laura and say "yes m'am" and "no sir". I do not think it makes me a less capable woman to have a man open my door or carry heavy packages for me!
  4. I moved to L.A. 8 years ago to pursue my acting career. I made a good go of it- did a few independent films, a couple of TV shoes, various commercials and print ads and even a series of marriage counseling videos, but traded it in for a "real" job that pays the bills. I still think about going back to it, but am slowly realizing that I think I like the stability. I am happy though that I can say I did at least go for it.
  5. I think about leaving L.A. now that I am not acting, but my family is so incredibly important to me and they are mostly here. I am the oldest on my side and now the youngest on my husband's side. I love being Big Sister to Lacey and Landry and try to take care of them and strive to be a good role model every day, but I am also totally relishing my newly minted little sis status too!
  6. I am a peacemaker and a diplomat. I can usually see all sides of an argument and can also see the shortcomings as well as the strengths of the people that I love.
  7. I don't really have "favorites" of anything- food, color....In one way I feel like that makes me seem pretty wishy washy, but in another it makes me relatively easy to please. If I have an opinion on where we should eat or go for fun I am not afraid to voice it because...
  8. I can be stubborn once I set my mind on something.
  9. Lately I hate spending money. It could be because we spent so much on the afore mentioned wedding and honeymoon or it could be because...
  10. I am really very happy with my life right now!

Happy day to all my dear readers. Tomorrow I will share some photos of my weekend Birthday escape. Hope you stay tuned.

5 comments:

Simply Beautiful World said...

Thank you soooo much! This is very exciting!! I hope you have a lovely week!!

xoxo,
Allison

Nicole said...

Thanks Laura!!! Thanks for the award! This list is great and all, but where's our temptation Tuesday?!?!?! I look forward to it every week!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

Oh Wow! Thanks Laura! I have never gotten one of these before!! You are a doll and I love reading your blog!!

Karen said...

Congrats on your awards Sweetie! You deserve them.

nomo wino daph said...

thanks for the award!!! It's up for tomrrows post!

Honey I LOVE HOTELS.....LOVE LOVE LOVE to stay in hotels! LOL