Friday, July 16, 2010

Guestblogging: Laura's Mysterious Birthday Getaway

Today is our sweet Laura's birthday, and as such, she has hit the road with her hubby, Mr. R, to enjoy a great birthday weekend at a yet-to-be-announced surprise location! In her absence, while she's off cruising through California to an amazing weekend, she has asked me, Lacey from Lacey in the City, to guest blog for her. I hope I do my big sister proud...

July 16th is seriously Laura's favorite day of the whole year. Ever since I've known her (going on 23-1/2 years now), she's always been ecstatic about her birthday.

Mr. R has done a fantastic job of treating her like the princess she always wanted to be by taking her away for each of the three birthdays that they've been together to toast the big day. Two years ago, he whisked her off to Big Bear Mountain; last year, he wowed her with a Mexican getaway; and this year, well, you'll have to stay tuned to hear about that one straight from Laura when she returns to us on Monday.

Okay, so the clues that we have from Mr. R are that she should prepare to be gone for two nights (Friday and Saturday), and that they will be driving. Not much to go on, if you ask me. If you know LA, then you know it is so conveniently placed on the map that this leaves an innumerable amount of places he could be taking her! My mind has been swimming ever since I heard of this mysterious excursion, so I'm going to share a list of my top guesses. I can't wait to hear on Monday if any of these are correct!


Santa Barbara, California
(2 hours north of LA)


Palm Springs, CA (roughly 2 hours east of LA)


San Francisco, California (6 hours north of LA)


San Diego, California (2 hours south of LA)


Las Vegas, Nevada (4 hours east of LA)


Catalina Island (an island 26 miles out from the coast of LA)


What do you guys think that Mr. R might have up his sleeve???

xoxo,

guest blogging for

3 comments:

Julie Leah said...

I gave you an award Miss Laura!

xoxo

Dree said...

Hmm... I'm thinking Las Vegas. It's the first thing that I guessed, and you should always stick with your first choice, or so I've heard. Happy birthday!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Nicole said...

I guess Vegas the other day when I found out they were driving somewhere...but any of these places look AMAZING!