Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pep in your step??

So I am having a little problem these last few days putting any "pep in my step" or keeping up the positive attitude. In fact, I have had very low patience and a quick temper lately. It's a good thing I don't carpool because I do not like to curse in front of anyone (not that I condemn it in others- I LOVE the way Caitlin over at Snarkoholic disguises her bad words) but I just can't manage to hold my tongue on my morning commute!

Not to fear My Lovelies, there is nothing seriously wrong I am just very tired and don't have any rest in site for a while until my upcoming Birthday (yay!) in a couple of weeks.

However, I am a big proponent of "faking it until you make it". Don't look down your nose at this thought immediately. I really think it works. If you force yourself to smile, you have to start thinking about being happy and before too long- you are! So with that thought in mind I have collected a few funny or inspirational quotes to help all of us when we are having to put a little more effort into keeping a positive attitude. Hope you enjoy!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has found someone to blame it on.
-Robert Bloch
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
-Hugh Downs
After 12 years of therapy my psycharitrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles".
-unknown
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
"All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize that I should have been more specific."
-Lily Tomlin
"Why is it that when we talk to God we're said to be praying, but when God Talks to us we're schizophrenic?"
-Lily Tomlin
"Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it."
-Unknown

Lastly, but definitely not least, if you didn't check out Snarks by clicking the link above check her out here. You should read her. She really is very funny!


3 comments:

Dree said...

Loving the quotes! I agree, faking it til you make it is sometimes the only way to put a smile on! But maybe all of this will make your birthday that much sweeter... :)

Lacey in the City said...

I love your new signature, and I totally am with you on faking it til you make it.

Your birthday's this month? What? ;) Just kidding...I gotcha girl!

xo
lace

Caitie said...

Cheezits Laura two links to my blog? I love you!
XOX,
Snarks